About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Mother, a mentor, a business owner, an employee. I am a person I have a busy life and would like to help others deal with their busy lives.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Health Update

So Friday I went to the ER and found out I had another kidney stone.  I had symptoms for a few days but I am bad about getting checked out.  I always put other things ahead of my pain.  I know that I should listen to my body more but I just have things to do so if it isn't too bad I just keep going.  Well on Thursday night my body was really letting me know it had enough and by Friday morning it was telling me it was time to go, so after the water heater repair people finished I went in.

This is the second time I have had one and it is the worst.  It is the only thing I have found that beat childbirth and that is painful enough.  Although when you understand what is happening with a kidney stone you realize it is about the same principle of pushing a watermelon out a hole the size of a pea.  If you have never had to go through either of these there is really no way for you to understand this type of pain.  If you have done one or the other then you know the pain I am talking about.  If you are like me and have done both, well you deserve and award.

They gave me meds to help and decided this time it is small enough that they hope it will pass on its own.  While I am not looking forward to passing it I am hoping it does because I do not want to do surgery again.  The last one I had was so big that even after placing a stint it still would not pass so they had to surgically break it up so it could come out.  That was not fun and I have had lower back pain every morning in that spot since.

I go see the dr. for a check up in the morning and hopefully it will be good news.  I am hoping they tell me it is passing along well and should be out in a few more days.  Unfortunately between the meds and pain there was not enough energy to make posts so I am hoping to get caught back up soon.
Keep up the good work on paying down the debt and building your savings. You are doing great because you are trying.  We are in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment