About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Mother, a mentor, a business owner, an employee. I am a person I have a busy life and would like to help others deal with their busy lives.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

On To The Actual Saving

Ok so you now know how much you owe and how much you will dedicate to paying down this balance each week.  You have been thinking about the best way to use your taxes to your advantage.  You have put in the work to take back your money and now we are going to talk about how you can do all this and start to save some of it too.

I know when you are living paycheck to paycheck that building a savings account seems totally impossible.  The truth it is easier than you think.  Remember back when I talked about using cash only so you are more accountable for your money, well this is where that also helps your savings.


I want you to find a container it can be an actual piggy bank or a pickle jar.  It just has to hold money.  Now when you pay for something the change goes in the jar.  When the jar is full you roll it up and take it to the bank.  Now I actually save my $1 bills and my change but if you can not do that at least do the change.  It adds up and then if you need it you will have it.  You need to be dedicated though.  It means just because you want pop that day you can not go into the jar.  The savings isn't so you can buy a new t.v. later.  This is the saving you are building for real future emergencies.

Ok I am going to let all of this sink in.  I may not post for a couple days and if I do it might be on something different just so you can get working on this and get a feeling before I throw more at you.  Next we will start the different ways to earn some extra money to help with all of this.  There are so many different places claiming to pay you but through trial and error I have found some good ones that have helped me build up my cash.

Remember this is a journey and we are in it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment