About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Mother, a mentor, a business owner, an employee. I am a person I have a busy life and would like to help others deal with their busy lives.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This Evening Was an Event That Can bring Some Stress

So tonight was conferences.  It is a time that can either be exciting or miserable.  Kids worry about grades and what their parents will say if they get a back grade.  Parents worry how their child is doing and if teachers are secretly judging them for these bad grades.

For us it is a combination of both.  My daughter can do really well in school.  The issue is on top of her ADHD she also has seizure disorder.  This leads to a lot of missed days of school.  This then leads to built up assignments and then it is hard to catch up and take the quizzes and tests.  I know this is hard on my daughter and it is hard for me as a parent.  I know she needs to get good grades and be in school but the seizures take a lot out of her.  She once slept for 15 hours after a seizure.

She is doing good in some classes and not so good in others.  I know she can do well but I also know how hard she struggles.  It is like a roller coaster.  She has excelled in classes that she has always struggled in and is doing not so well in classes she has always done well in.

I fear she will be held back which has already happened once when she was younger.  I don't want her to feel bad about herself but it is hard to punish a child who has a legitimate reason for being behind.  It is a real battle.  She gets frustrated and I get frustrated then you really get nowhere.

Do you have a child with medical issues that make school harder?  What do you do to help them with their struggle?  I would really like to hear from other parents on how they cope with these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment