About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Mother, a mentor, a business owner, an employee. I am a person I have a busy life and would like to help others deal with their busy lives.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saving Money and Getting Out of Debt: Have an End Goal

So you have made the commitment to save money and get rid of your debt, now what.  Your next step is to have a final result for why you are going to make this commitment.  You have to decide why saving is important to you.  What is in it for you?

What is it you are saving for?  Do you want a new car, or maybe a house.  Maybe you have kids and want to be able to pay for their education.  Maybe you are just tired of giving your money away to fees every month.   What ever it is you have to know what your working for.

This is important because if you are not working toward a goal you are more likely to go off track.  You will use excuses about why you will do it later.  You just tell yourself you will do it later.  Or just give up because it is not worth it.  With no goal you have no purpose and that can lead to failure.

For me it is being able to provide better for my daughter.  I want to be able to be able to send my daughter to school without taking out a bunch of loans.  I want to be able to not worry about my future when I am older.  I want to know that I will always be able to take care of myself and not burden my daughter when I am older.

What ever you reason is use it as your motivation for this journey.  It will help you when you fell like giving in to extra spending.  It will be the center of your change.  Make it something good to, something that will really keep you going when you want to give in.  Believe me, there will be times when you will say all this is too much and I just want to give up and do what everyone else is doing.

I am happy to have you on this journey.  I hope you will continue to follow me and find your freedom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment