About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Mother, a mentor, a business owner, an employee. I am a person I have a busy life and would like to help others deal with their busy lives.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

So it is 2015.  Hopefully you have learned a few tips to give you a great year.  I am really excited about this year.  I feel like I am going to get somewhere.  I feel like that My debt is going to be gone this year other than student loans.  Those are going to be the last things I tackle.  I will be using the many I get from saving so much to make the payment.  It will be refreshing to know that is the end of my debt.

I hope that you guys will have a great year and start to get ahead on your debt.  It is really a great feeling to get to keep some of that money you work so hard to make.  It is tiring to go to work every day and have nothing to show for it.  I will be so excited when I start getting paid and the money is actually mine to do as I wish not figure out who I can pay this week and who will have to wait until the next payday.  I get 3 pay checks this month and taxes are right around the corner.

The best thing about taxes is you can pay off something.  I don't care if it is the smallest bill you have, pay it off.  That will free up not only your money but it will help free you from stress.  Then you can concentrate on other bills.  I already know what I am doing with my taxes.  I have been planning it for months.  I know what I want to accomplish when I get my return.  I know what I need to do to get ahead.

You should sit down and make a list.  It doesn't matter if you don't know how much you are going to get.  You know what you need to pay off.  So put it in writing from most important to what you would like to pay off but can wait a minute.  The goal is to be ready so when that money gets there.  You will have a set plan.  Then you follow it.  That is all there is too it.  Now if between now and then something major happens you can adjust the list but the main thing is to be ready and have a plan.  The problem is that most people get so excited about getting them they start thinking about all the stuff they can buy.  They make these purchases but never take care of the old debt so then they have all this new stuff but still no money.  Not a good plan.  You just start regretting what you did and then you really can't enjoy the new stuff.

So I hope you will join me this year in making this year our best debt free year ever.  I hope that you will find your way to becoming debt free.  What ever works for you I hope you will use it and get to a comfortable relationship with your money.

5 comments:

  1. Here's hoping this year turns out amazing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing pretty good. In GR office working in network operations. Was just at home, bored, clicking around and started lookin up people and came across this.

    Hope things are looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny. I was just thinking about you recently. I was hoping your were doing well. Sounds like things are going well for you. I have had a rough couple years lately but I am making it day by day. Writing here kinda helps. I of course have the princess to take care of as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if she will remember it, but give her a hug and tell her I said "NEEERD!".

    Also, make sure to take some time for yourself. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She said hi. Time for myself would be nice but when you are basically single parenting there really isn't any extra time. I do drink coffee in the morning o I suppose that might count. LOL.

    ReplyDelete